Craig Ferguson, b. 1962. TV host, comedian, writer, actor and director (18 February 2000)
About this artwork
Ferguson grew up in Cumbernauld and has gone on to have an eclectic career in both the UK and the USA. During the 1980s and 1990s he appeared in several British TV shows alongside working as a comedian and in theatre. In the USA his big break came in 1994 when he was cast on ‘The Drew Carey Show’, which he starred in from 1996-2003. In 2004 Ferguson became the presenter of CBS’s ‘The Late Late Show’, a role which he still holds. Ferguson has also written and directed several films and starred in the likes of ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ (2010) and ‘Kick-Ass’ (2010). He was granted American citizenship in 2008.
- title: Craig Ferguson, b. 1962. TV host, comedian, writer, actor and director
- accession number: PGP 284.22
- artist: Donald MaclellanScottish (born 1967)
- depicted: Craig Ferguson
- gallery: Scottish National Portrait Gallery(Print Room)
- object type: Photograph
- subject: Performing Arts Stage and Screen
- materials: Silver gelatine bromide toned print
- date created: 18 February 2000
- measurements: 44.00 x 35.40 cm
- credit line: Purchased 2002
- copyright: © Donald Maclellan photographer
Donald MacLellan was born in the West Highlands in 1967. He is a leading portrait photographer whose first solo exhibition 'Black Power' showed at the National Portrait Gallery in London in 1998. Empire magazine commissioned MacLellan to create a portfolio of Scotland's best actors in 2000. It was mounted as an exhibition first at the Cannes Film Festival (May 2000), then in London, finally coming to Edinburgh in 2001/2. MacLellan's work appears regularly in current newspapers and magazines.