A.L. Kennedy, born 1965. Author (2000)
About this artwork
A L Kennedy was born in Dundee, and first became known in 1990 with the publication of her first collection of short stories, 'Night Geometry' and the 'Garscadden Trains'. The book won several prizes including The Scotsman Saltire Award. The writer's subsequent novels and stories confirm her reputation as one of the finest and most original voices in contemporary Scottish literature.
- title: A.L. Kennedy, born 1965. Author
- accession number: PGP 117.48
- artist: David WilliamsScottish (born 1952)
- depicted: A.L. Kennedy
- gallery: In Storage
- object type: Photograph
- subject: Scottish literature Writing and literature
- materials: Silver gelatine print
- date created: 2000
- measurements: Each 57.20 x 41.90 cm
- credit line: Purchased 2000
- copyright: © DAVID WILLIAMS
David Williams was born in Edinburgh in 1952. He studied at Stirling University from 1969 to 1973 and worked as a photographic assistant from 1979 to 1981. He was appointed to lecture in photography at Edinburgh College of Art in 1990 and is currently Head of Fine Art Photography. He was a musician and composer before becoming a photographer. He has participated in a number of exhibitions worldwide and has had several solo shows including one at the Scottish National Portrait Gallery. His recent work explores abstraction.