No. 20 from the Foot O' the Walk Series (1998)
About this artwork
This photograph is one of a series taken by a bus stop at the foot of Edinburgh's Leith Walk in 1997 and 1998. The vast increase in population and traffic means that people are rarely relaxed in the street and are generally bustling past on their way elsewhere. The bus queue remains an interesting exception. Here people may be found and observed, standing still, talking or thinking. Andy Moxon used a concealed camera which meant that the pictures he took were at the eye level of the child.
- title: No. 20 from the Foot O' the Walk Series
- accession number: PGP 257.7
- artist: Andy MoxonScottish (born 1964)
- gallery: Scottish National Portrait Gallery(Print Room)
- object type: Photograph
- subject: Cities Documentary
- date created: 1998
- measurements: 15.20 x 15.20 cm
- credit line: Purchased 2000
- copyright: © ANDY MOXON
Andy Moxon was educated at Edinburgh College of Art. His 'Foot o' the Walk' series, taken in Leith was shown at the Scottish National Portait Gallery in 2000. In May 2001 he spent a month in Bhopal, India recording the injuries of those who survived the 1984 tragedy when a lethal gas leaked from a local chemical plant. He works as a freelance photographer and lecturer and exhibits in Britain regularly.