Nosheena Mobarik OBE and Iqbal Mobarik, Glasgow, 29 May 2011. From A Scottish Family Portrait series (2011)
About this artwork
Both successful business people, Iqbal and Nosheena Mobarik established a thriving software company in 1997. Nosheena Mobarik was recently appointed Chairman of CBI Scotland and received an OBE in 2004 for services to business in Scotland. She is the first Asian to chair the Scottish arm of the CBI. Her father, Muhammed Tufail Shaheen, whose portrait was also taken as part of this series, she cites as a positive role model. This photograph is a companion piece to the one of her father, both of which were taken at the Mobarik’s home in Glasgow.
- title: Nosheena Mobarik OBE and Iqbal Mobarik, Glasgow, 29 May 2011. From A Scottish Family Portrait series
- accession number: PGP 779.11
- artist: Verena JaekelGerman (born 1980)
- gallery: In Storage
- object type: Photograph
- materials: digital C-type print
- date created: 2011
- measurements: 110.00 x 86.00 cm
- credit line: Commissioned by the Scottish National Portrait Gallery 2009
- copyright: © Verena Jaekel
German photographer, Verena Jaekel, studied at the Lette-Verein, Berlin, and gradutated in 2004. Jaekel is a classic documentary photographer, observing scenes with great technical precision and like many of her generation, she is influenced by the Dusseldorf School of Photography. Since graduating her career has flourished, winning the prestigious Wüstenrot Foundation prize for documentary photography in 2005-6 and her portraits have been exhibited globally. Jaekel favours working with a large format film camera with her main subject interests including migration, religion and gender.